Saturday 2 October 2010

Last of the "new" adventures

Whilst listening to Galaxy 4 I suddenly realised that another milestone was approaching...

I completed the visual adventures last year, when I finally sat down and watched The Reign of Terror. I'd left the story on the shelf for many years as I knew it was the last one I would be able to watch "as new" - well unless we're really lucky in the forthcoming years. But I got the recon for the two missing episodes and so decided it was time to take the plunge. I was pleased it was a good story at any rate!

Audio-wise, I've had all four of those stories sitting on the shelf for a while now, but once I started my listening-fest a few weeks back I've now reached the cellophane-wrapped remainders, and it has dawned on me that it won't be long before I will finally have listened to every Doctor Who story. There's only four left to go, including Galaxy 4 itself, all First Doctor adventures: The Myth Makers, The Massacre and The Savages.

It'll feel strange that there'll be no new stories to experience - until Christmas at any rate! I guess there are still the recons of the missing episodes still to watch, but it won't be quite the same as the first experience of those stories coming up in the next few days!

Here's hoping they are an enjoyable final adventure ...